Council main page| Dates of 2007 Meetings| Minutes December 2007

Tarves Community Council


Minutes of meeting held on Tuesday 15th April 2008
In Tarves School at 7.30pm.

Members Present:
R Davidson (Chair), J Thomson (Vice Chair), D Reville (Treasurer), C Taylor, I Massie, B McPetrie, R Massie (Barthol Chapel). Late Arrivals, G Brown and D Leslie.
Non-Members Present:Councillors P Johnston, A Hendry, J Gifford and J Loveday, Inspector Pratt, Arthur Simmers and Norma Dougall (Minutes Secretary) also one member of the public.

S Andrew, D Beattie and J. Boughey

Presentation I Pre-application Consultation for Wind Turbines

Mr Simmers stated that a proposal for three wind turbines – height 93.5 metres had been submitted to Aberdeenshire Council to be discussed with Representatives, Councillors, BAA, Hydro Electric, Bird Surveys etc in the Cairnbrogie/Craigies area.

Consultations are still on going and we will be notified when there are any Meetings or

Public Discussions to be held. Members highlighted the need for Developer contributions to be made for community benefits and to mitigate against the affects on local amenity, which Mr. Simmers agreed with.

Police Report:-

Inspector Pratt reported on the incidents at Barthol Chapel School – that two youths 13 and 16 years of age have been charged. In Tarves we had no incidents in the last year.

There had been a re-organisation in the Formartine Area as of 1st April; we now have five Sergeants for the area and an extra four police constables.

He was pleased to report that all four Local Councillors had visited the Service Centre to let them be more aware of how it worked.

Minutes of Previous Meeting (18th March 2008)
Minutes proposed by Gordon Brown and seconded by Ian Massie, with all members in agreement.

Barthol Chapel Matters.

Roads – should be completed by end of March – still not started yet. Update for next meeting

Matters Arising from Minutes
Mackie Ave. Affordable Housing - still waiting to hear back from Aberdeenshire Council
Car Parking Opposite School — Work still to be completed (Weather has delayed work). Chair asking if existing yellow lines can be re-done at the same time.

All Weather Court — 2 lights now ok, 2 still to be seen to — Colin has seen electrician, work to be done soon— still to do — Colin to chase

Community Newsletter (TUC News) - articles, etc. to be sent to Moira Allan, 36 Bede Way, Tarves, by Friday 16May08 or email
School Extension Paul to arrange a meeting, date to be confirmed.- Chair to be invited to meeting

Matters Outstanding

Noticeboards - Braiklay Ave recently vandalised - Material has now been sourced -this work is now imminent

Roads. Paths and Signs
Road Diversions protocol (Following RTA) – Meeting to be held at beginning of May

Bob has written to Chief Executive re state of roads and time taken to repair — Chair received reply – They didn’t think road or square was too bad and would do random patching. Bob also wrote to Aberdeen City Council about Denmore Junction - if it could be widened – Reply received saying they had taken note.

Smiddyhill/Cairnbrogie crossroads — No new sign for Oldmeldrum yet

Disabled spaces in Square — Roads dept. are assessing provision currently - CC to ask Shop what they would think about using area at side of Shop on Main Street.

A.C.Local Member’s Report: -
Ythsie road end junction – Now Landscaped. Prop of Ythsie repairs Chair is sending copy of last survey we had to help speed up matters. – A report is being sent to the Committee.
School Extension a meeting is to be held — we will be informed of date soon
B999 —WPR link Response awaited from FAC

Haddo House – on going

Affordable Housing: - Ritchie Johnston has been in contact – there will be further questions but in principal to take it further

Dick Reville and Jim Gifford were at the Meeting for Sustainable Halls Energy Reports –

Depending on the age of the halls etc there were some good ideas and would be looked into.

AC Insurance for CC’s info. Bob to query at next CC Forum for proper definition
Western Peripheral RouteJB999. Reply received to Public question— didn’t answer the question asked, Comprehensive answer from FAC awaited.
Aberdeenshire Drug and Alcohol Abuse Team — questionnaire on Local Issues.

Bakery – e-mail from Raymond Reid – members disagreed – Chair to respond suggesting Mr. Reid visit the site before commenting further.-

Barthol Chapel – reply to John Thomson‘s letter

Forestry Commission: - Consultation Seminar on Framework Strategic Plan and Forest District Strategic Plans in Aberdeen on 9th May 08

Aberdeenshire Community Mediation Service – offering presentation service – Chair responding

Postwatch Scotland – News Brochure

MSP North News – Richard baker – News Letter

Aberdeenshire Council – letter – Data Protection Act – Dick to look in to

Brochure – Playground equipment

Planning Matters
Wedderlairs Croft – Alt & ext – acceptable (Chair declared an interest and took no part in discussions).

Den of Keithfield – regarding new house – new access track – no further comment

2 Hospital House, Tarves – replacement windows – acceptable Interim apps considered by Planning Sub committee;-

Tulloford Bungalow, Old Meldrum – conservatory – acceptable

Auchnieve – cattle shed – acceptable

Newseat, Tolquhon – alt & ext – amended plans – acceptable

Tree Cottage, Tolquhon – ext – acceptable

Globe Inn Tarves – change of use – concern re loss of facility and employment land – object,

Plot 2 Duthie Rd. (7 Tillygonnie Crescent) – FPP erection of Dwellinghouse and Garage (amended design) - acceptable, notified correct address.

Permission passed: - Cairdseat Cottage, Udny and 11 Tillygonnie Crescent, Tarves

Permission Refused: - Old Balgove, Old Meldrum.

South Ythsie Landraise -
Concern re method of working - no area appears to be being completed — - Bob written to Ellon Plant, still awaiting response - Bob has written again.

Lights in Square :- Thomson has spoken to Heritage – they are in agreement with design – Chair writing to Mr Newton at Council re grant money. 

John Thomson asked for any ideas for new long term projects for the Formartine Partnership – get in touch with CC

Dog Warden’s Number – (Maureen Adam) – 01467 628683 Mobile — 07771 941982

Mr. J. Benton - Requested that CC discuss his proposal for a Business Unit on land to North of Duthie Rd and 15 houses plus affordable on land to the South. Members agreed that they would meet with Jim to discuss - date tbc.

The above minutes were approved at TCC meeting on Tuesday 20th May 08 in Tarves School.


Robert P. Davidson




Community Council Meetings are always open to the Public.



Council main page| Dates of 2007 Meetings| Council Minutes Index