Council main page| Dates of 2008 Meetings| Council Minutes Index

 

 

Tarves Community Council
Minutes of meeting held on Tuesday 16th September 2008
In Tarves School at 7.30pm.

 

  1. Members Present: R Davidson (Chair), I Massie, G Brown, B McPetrie, D Leslie and D Beattie 

    Late Arrivals C Taylor and D Reville (Treasurer)

    Also Present:

    AC Councillors, P Johnston, J Loveday and J Gifford. M Sisley (PTA), Heather Scott

    (Tarves School Head Teacher) and N Dougall (Minutes Secretary)

  2. Apologies: J Thomson, S Andrew, J Boughey, A Hendry and Inspector Pratt.

  3. Minutes of Previous Meeting (19th August 2008)
    Minutes proposed for approval by G Brown and seconded by I Massie, with the amended wording Oldmeldrum playgroup and not Tarves under AOCB CDG.

  4. Barthol Chapel Matters. 

    1. Balgove junction has been repaired, and kerbs installed. The drain half way up hill is still to be fixed. There are to be road closures for one week from the 29.09.08 to allow work to be done in the Moss side area.

    2. Chair has written re the costing for B.C. School to be treated as a special case for hire charges. He has also written regarding the wall at the grave yard car park the wall has been damaged and suggesting the wall should be removed all together. We have been informed it is to be reviewed next year along with looking at parking in the area.

  5. Matters Arising from Minutes

    1. Bakery - Chair had reply from Planning Aid they were surprised at what had been deemed as non material. Chair is writing again to Mr. Reid for clarification on this and the Aberdeen Arms Hotel car park closure regarding time limit.

    2. AC Insurance for CCfs There has still been no proper explanation forwarded for this and that CCs are protected from the threat of legal action over Planning app. responses.

    3. All Weather Court \ 2 lights now ok, 2 still to be seen to - Colin to progress.

    4. Community Newsletter (TBC News) - articles, etc. to be sent to Moira Allan, 36 Bede Way, Tarves, or email tbc@tarves.org.uk by Friday 14th November 2008
      School Extension :- Has now been approved but will be in next yearf budget.

    5. Belhelvie CC TCC Members expressed annoyance that the report to FAC had not reached a conclusion on whether or not the former BCC members were to be pursued by Legal action. It appeared that the issue of lack of support from AC was not debated at FAC and as a result CCs are still in the dark in respect of available assistance from AC. This should be discussed at next CC Forum.

  6. Matters Outstanding

    1. Prop of Ythsie Chair spoke to Shaun Norman and a report on how it is to be maintained is to be sent to the Chair.

    2. Noticeboards - Braiklay Ave - Repairs now completed Thanks to all concerned

    3. Western Peripheral Route/B999 link. Still unclear if FAC will lobby Roads to improve Belhelvie to Parkhill road.

  7. Roads. Paths and Signs

    1. Replacement of Lanterns in Square: - has been agreed with thanks to the Area Committee

    2. Tree Road potholes repairs need to be completed, some areas not been looked at.

    3. Walls around Square - Shaun Norman AC finding out about repairing the walls around the Square which remain in a poor state.

    4. Shethin Potholes being looked into.

  8. Correspondence

    1. Assoc. of C Councils Consultation Draft of New Constitution S Andrew to respond

    2. Aberdeenshire Council Area Manager/FAC Chair has e-mailed Mr. Newton and asked him to clarify the proceedings/outcome of negotiations re Mains of Tolquhon lay bys. No response.

    3. AC - info on Developer contributions for TCC area More info required from AC.

    4. Digitaluk letter inviting CC to presentation regarding switch over

    5. Extending Right to Information Conference Dec 10 2008 at Sheraton Hotel

    6. Policing and Partnership Conference 27 Oct 2008

    7. Formartine Area Bus Forum Meldrum Academy 29 Sept 2008 (P Johnston and J Loveday attending)

    8. NHS Grampian Open Day 3 Oct 2008 12.30.-.06.30pm regarding Emergency Care Centre at Foresterhill (see Notice board for details)

    9. Aberdeenshire Council letter regarding funding for play areas etc. CC looking into.

    10. Letter from Mr Benton- Osprey Homes.

  9. Local Members Report:-

    1. Paul Johnston said there was a need for CC to look into local bids for community land for housing and re- development with reference to New Local Plan 

  10. Planning Matters

    1. Weekly Lists Some problems with the lists being e-mailed to Chair from Planning, Technical issue at AC -this is now resolved

    2. Decision Notices (all approved) Mains of Auquhorthies, Old Meldrum, Cairdseat Cottage, Udny,

    3. Redmoss, Barthol Chapel refused

    4. Maryville - dismissed appeal Response from Christine Gore awaited

    5. Duthie Road - OPP for 15 dwellinghouses and 3 or 4 Affordable houses, Business Centre, Care Home etc and parking. An appeal has been lodged and a new application has been submitted. Members again discussed at length the proposals - general agreement that the allocated Employment site to the North of Duthie road was the place for the Business and Care home elements. Members would support siting on South only if it was formally demonstrated that the North side is definitely unavailable. No support for residential element at this time as a similar app had recently been rejected by DPEA Reporter, the CC having fairly recently responded to the appeal. Concern at the lack of progress to develop the corner site which has had Full permission since August last year. Still no further application for affordable housing on this site. 

      For the avoidance of doubt, CC response was not submitted in July or August; - in order that local residents who were on holiday could express opinion if they so wished. The CC response now having been discussed at 3 separate meetings in public was resolved and a Draft Letter was circulated and approved to be sent to Aberdeenshire Council.

  11. AOCB

    1. Fairtrade Event CC agreed to co host an event for Fairtrade 2 Oct letters will be sent

    2. Housing Land Audit Consultation Braiklay Park factory site is being included in final figures to be published early October.

    3. Mackie Avenue Housing Tarves Affordable Housing

      A meeting was held with Rural Housing Enabler Emma Binns who is to help progress matters. Paul met Alan Grant of the Housing Association after he had spoken to Emma Binns. Alan Grant is writing to let us know how the CC can be assisted in bringing forward affordable housing.

    4. Data Protection Act meeting Dick attended - AC will pay annual registration

      The cost is set by Parliament. D Leslie is down loading form for CC to action.

    5. Dick also went to meeting for Association of CC trying to get an Aberdeenshire wide forum set up so CC can get details sorted properly

    6. It was also reported about the seat in the square requiring repair Bob to do.

    7. Also complaints about the state of grass in Cemetery and also Mackie Avenue Being looked into.

    8. Dog Warden (Maureen Adam) 01467 628683 Mobile \ 07771 941982

The above minutes were approved at TCC meeting on Tuesday 7th October 08 in Tarves School.

Robert P. Davidson

Chairman.

Community Council Meetings are always open to the Public.

 

 

 

Council main page| Dates of 2008 Meetings| Council Minutes Index