Council main page| Dates of 2008 Meetings| Council Minutes Index

 

 

Tarves Community Council
Minutes of meeting held on Tuesday 16th December 2008
In Tarves School at 7.00pm.

  1. Members Present:
    S Andrew, R Davidson (Chair and minutes), J Thomson, and D Reville. 

    Also Present:

    AC Councillor P Johnston and Iinspector Pratt

    Apologies: I Massie, C Taylor, B McPetrie, D Beattie, D Leslie, N Dougall AC Councillors A Hendry, J Loveday and J Gifford.

  2. Election of Office Bearers

    Councillor Johnston took the Chair for this item and the following were duly elected;-

    Treasurer/ Secretary Dick Reville

    Vice Chairman John Thomson

    Chairman Bob Davidson.

  3. Minutes of Previous Meeting (18th November 2008)
    Minutes proposed by S Andrew and seconded J Thomson.

  4. Police Report.

    Inspector Pratt reported that things were generally quiet in the area with one or two traffic offences and 1 outstanding theft to date. All agreed that The Hut continued to make a positive effect on the village and all involved deserved praise for their good work particularly the youngsters.

  5. Planning Major Applications

    1. Mains of Cairnbrogie Wind Turbines

      Members reviewed the details of the application which was now live 4 Turbines stretching from Cairnbrogie towards Craigdam. The applicant was present and answered some queries however the merits were not discussed. It was reported by the applicant that he intended to ensure that a Community benefits scheme operated for funding for local projects and that he would contact AC to seek affordable housing contributions for Tarves as sites were available. 

      Further information would be available at a Presentation to be held in Jan in Tarves. Members agreed to postpone a formal response until after the Presentation was done and informed feedback would be available from residents.

  6. Barthol Chapel Matters.

CC had received details of a Development bid for land at Barthol Chapel which included a football pitch opposite the Kirk. It was agreed to seek feedback from residents and BCCA. It was noted that opinion was still in favour of retaining the view of the Kirk from the East and that the protected area should be extended to include the land at the rear of the Kirk. Drain near Balgove junction only partly repaired, verge past Tulloford still needs filled in/repaired.

  1. Matters Arising (from Minutes)

    CC Nominations We have had 1 more nomination, none from Barthol Chapel. David Beattie is now a member again. David Leslie has been suggested for co-option formalise at next meeting.

    Bakery Response from Mr. Reid awaited.

    AC Insurance for CCfs There has still been no proper explanation

    All Weather Court \ 3 lights now ok, 1 still to be seen to - Colin to progress.

  2. Funding requests.

    It was agreed that the Amenity group be awarded 600 and TBC 450. More info needed from Youth Hall project. Community Newsletter (TBC News) - articles, etc. to be sent to Moira Allan, 36 Bede Way, Tarves, or email tbc@tarves.org.uk.

  3. Matters Arising

    1. Local Plan Development Bids. Link on AC website broken CC could not provide feedback to AC in absence of details. Paul to check with Piers Blaxter.

    2. Denis Scott AC Insurance officer has advised that TCC should respond directly to Peterkins delegated to Chair.

    3. The Hut - intention to include artwork on exterior of building members had no objections.

    4. Christmas Lights very positive feedback received re new lights thanks to all involved.

    5. Matters Outstanding

    6. Prop of Ythsie Chair writing to Robert Gray regarding how it is to be maintained as no funding has been allocated Chair writing

    7. Seat in Square been replaced thanks to Tarves Lang Syne. Query where old one went.

  4. Roads. Paths and Signs

    1. Tree Road, potholes repairs need to be completed, some areas not been looked at. - temporary repair meanwhile

    2. Walls around Square - Ian to liaise with local tradesman to see if he would wish to do repairs and get suggestions for improvements. Graeme Steel AC is seeking feedback from TCC. Ian/Paul to liaise.

    3. Shethin Potholes being looked into.

    4. Kirk brae pavement breaking up looking into

    5. Barthol Chapel drain and verge being pursued

    6. Roads/Pavements clearing Positive feedback re paths being cleared and gritted. B999 still not a priority consistently bus off road at Wedderlairs recently and car at Nethermill.

  5. Correspondence

    1. Aberdeenshire Council Chair has written to Christine Gore again re various outstanding issues.

    2. AC Chief Executive Service consultation. SNH Newsletter. NHS Grampian Annual Report. AC Information bulletin.

    3. Forestry Commission discuss at next meeting.

    4. Local Plan (Piers Blaxter) seeking feedback on dev. bids next meeting.

    5. Area Manager response re Mains of Tolquhon which contradicted reports by Local Councillors. Query next meeting.

  6. Planning Matters - Applications

    1. The Globe Inn Change of use to dwellinghouse and separate app for 2 new houses in grounds. Agreed to make similar objection response as previous proposals.

    2. Roselea Steading, Tarves Approved Planners decide where CA boundaries are irrespective of the approved and adopted Local Plan. Chair to query this.

    3. Plots 1-5 and 7-8 Ythsie, Tarves Concern was raised re residents of responses not being circulated to FAC members etc. Residents are to write and complain to AC.

    4. Courtstone Access Road to Turbine site. TCC had not been consulted on this and as the application had been live for some time it was agreed to respond to avoid having to do this over festive period no concerns.

    5. Old Post Office Formation of Sand School another application that has been dormant for months at Ellon office no concerns.

    6. Sub committee interim apps;-

    7. Shethin Bothy Replacement dwellinghouse asked for drainage improvements.

    8. Refused -Maryville - dismissed appeal Response from Christine Gore awaited.

  7. Local Members Report:-

    The Light Replacement Work still out-standing at Braiklay Avenue and Stewart Crescent will be done to try and find out programme.

  8. AOCB

    1. Formartine Partnership AGM John Thomson reported that a final draft of project will be done.

    2. Complaints about the state of grass in Cemetery Graham Waters monitoring this

    3. Mackie Ave Housing - Still no progress or help from AC Members agreed land should be considered for inclusion with the neighbouring Affordable Housing development if no progress on CC project is made by end of year.

    4. Car park at the Prop complaints regarding saturated condition of path and dog fouling and car park. CC writing to Environmental Planners.

    5. Fairtrade CC agreed to support.

Dog Warden (Maureen Adam) 01467 628683 Mobile \ 07771 941982

 

Community Council Meetings are always open to the Public.

 

 

 

Council main page| Dates of 2008 Meetings| Council Minutes Index