Council main page| Dates of 2009 Meetings| Council Minutes Index




Council main page| Dates of 2009 Meetings| Council Minutes Index


Tarves Community Council

Minutes of meeting held on Tuesday 15th September 2009
In Tarves School at 7.30pm.


Members Present:
R Davidson (Chair), B McPetrie, C Taylor, J Thomson, S Andrew, D Reville,

I Massie, D Leslie, N Marr.

Also Present:

AC Councillors J Gifford, J Loveday, P Johnston, N Dougall and two members of the public.

Apologies: D Beattie, A Hendry and Inspector Pratt


Police Report

Although Inspector Pratt was unable to attend, he had been in contact with the

Chair and advised that the problem in Barthol Chapel was not as bad as reported,

but a check on the speeding would be extended and also in Tarves

Craigdam Area;-Inspector Pratt had reported that some motorists had been caught for speeding and the police would continue surveying area.


Minutes of Previous Meeting on 18th August 09
Minutes proposed for approval by C Taylor and seconded by B McPetrie.


Barthol Chapel Matters.

BCCA AGM took place on the 25th August and the following were voted in as Office Bearers – Chairman – J Boughey, Secretary – E Saltzer, Treasurer – V Smith. A motion to organize a Sub-Committee for Planning matters was not passed at this stage. Planning application for new house and Agricultural shed not decided on to date.


Matters Arising (from Minutes)

Conservation Area Boundary - Chair has written formal complaint to Chief Executive – awaiting reply

Conservation Area Review – Tarves Heritage are meeting soon and sub committee will be established along with CC members – to be discussed at next CC meeting.

Landscaped Areas/Open Spaces - Chair to write to Landscape Services – Mackie Ave has still not been maintained – P Johnston advised meeting this was in hand.

Craigdam - N Marr asked about possibility of 20 mile limit – this would be looked into and reported back at a later date.


Matters Outstanding

Prop of Ythsie –To date, general lack of responsibility for maintenance or repairs. from anyone at Aberdeenshire Council (who are the leaseholders). There may be some progress now that a general budget has been agreed.

Dog – fouling in Braiklay Park children’s Play Area – signage not yet erected.

Councillor A Hendry chasing up – Chair asked Councillors attending meeting to check Legislation and come back to him.


A.C. Local Member’s Report

John Loveday – in regards to repairs at the Prop – there have been changes in the way the budgets are being dealt with – a separate budget will now be used for spending on monuments etc.

P Johnston – requested CC’s support for ‘Average Speed Cameras’ to be installed for a trial on the A947. They have been tried elsewhere and the trials have shown a lot less accidents. Members resolved to support this – Chair to write to NESCAMP.


Committee Reports

J Thomson attended awards meeting – Formartine in Bloom Competition – Pitmedden were awarded a £500 grant for use in Community, Tarves were runners up. Many thanks for all the work of the amenities group

Next Year there is to be a separate competition for Primary Schools only to enter,

Chair will pass on information to Tarves School.


Roads. Paths and Signs

Walls around Square – C Taylor to approach Contractors interested in the repair work.

Tree Road – Nothing done. Kirk brae – pavement breaking up – Nothing done. P Johnston reported work to be done by end of year- he is also going to ask about the ‘Cottage’ side to be repaired as well

Braiklay Ave Park – Sign needed to encourage dog owners to be responsible. The current practice of signage on lampposts is ineffective.

Street Light at Doctors Surgery not working – will have reported

Tillycairn, Auchenhuive and Pitmedden junctions require grass cutting to ensure good visibility. Chair had letter back from Landscape Services, grass to be cut at Tillycairn, but perceived problem with Uppermill because of type of Machinery used.


Planning Matters

Chair declared an interest in Murray Ave application as he knew the applicants and did not take part in debate.

6 Kirk Brae revised plan submitted now using traditional materials - acceptable

64 Pringle Avenue –FPP for Conservatory - acceptable

22 Murray Avenue – FPP for Alt & Extension - acceptable


Mackie Avenue – FPP for 12 Dwellinghouses - Issues identified being lack of car parking due to addition of an unnecessary "home zone" and trees. Trees

need to be removed from old village boundary before houses are started and energy efficiency should be built into design. Play area needs to be included –

On Agenda for next AC Meeting.

Decisions Notices – all approved – 12 Mackie Crescent, Den of Keithfield and 16 Duthie Road.


Councillor Loveday asked how the CC would manage with the new Legislation regarding the 21 days maximum for CCs to respond to Planning app consultations. - This started on the 3rd of August – Chair queried the accuracy of this information, however the Sub – Committee would continue to ensure responses were submitted timeously.



NHS – 20/08/09 - Consultation letter asking CC to respond within 30 days regarding the application for;-

Pharmacy at 8 Duthie Road Tarves. – Members resolved to object to the proposals in light of residents numerous concerns including the perceived potential reduction in Medical Services locally. Numerous letters also received from residents – voicing concern and opposing application

Open Space Consultation – to be discussed further – numerous areas locally not included – Dog walk, Braiklay crossroads etc also no details for Barthol Chapel. – Chair requested Barthol Chapel to pass on any details required.

Alex Salmond – Confirmation of receipt of copy of letter re Conservation Area sent letter to AC Chief Executive.

Scottish Ambulance Service – Survey – C Taylor dealing with.



Amenities Group Query – CC members only covered to use machinery.

Possibility of separate Group insurance for path maintenance and other local works being looked into by Amenities member.

Cemeteries (Tarves and Barthol Chapel) Price lists now been removed.


The above minutes were approved at TCC meeting on Tuesday 6th October 09 in Tarves School.


Robert P. Davidson




Next monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday 10th November 2009 in Tarves School at 7.00pm


Community Council Meetings are always open to the Public.




Council main page| Dates of 2008 Meetings| Council Minutes Index





Council main page| Dates of 2008 Meetings| Council Minutes Index