meeting held on Tuesday 6th October 2009
School at 7.00pm.
- Members Present:R Davidson (Chair), C Taylor, D Reville, I Massie and N Marr
- Inspector S Pratt, N Dougall and AC Councillors J Gifford, J
Loveday, P Johnston and A Hendry and two members of the public.
D Leslie, B McPetrie, S Andrew and J Thomson
Inspector Pratt reported a check on speeding
would be extended Formartine wide. CC asked if he could check at
Braiklay Crossroads with regard to how drivers are misusing the
signs at Junction. Inspector Pratt said he would ask Community
Police Officer Clarke to check on this.
- Minutes of Previous Meeting on 15th September 2009
Minutes proposed for approval by I Massie and seconded by N
Barthol Chapel Matters.
Planning application for new house and
Agricultural shed not decided on to date.
Matters Arising (from Minutes)
- Conservation Area Boundary - Chair has written to Chief
Executive still awaiting reply
- Conservation Area Review Tarves Heritage are meeting
soon and sub committee will be established along with CC members
to be discussed at next CC meeting.
- Landscaped Areas/Open Spaces Chair still to write to
Landscape Services Mackie Ave has still not been maintained
General lack of
responsibility for maintenance or repairs. from anyone at
Aberdeenshire Council (who are the leaseholders).
Prop of Ythsie
- Dog fouling in Braiklay Park childrens Play Area
signage not yet erected.
- Councillor A Hendry chasing up Chair asked Councillors
attending meeting to check Legislation and come back to him.
Formartine in Bloom D Reville informed us
that he had been informed that the Judges felt that the Planters
were lacking in Colour Co-ordination we will try better next
Next Year there is to be a separate competition
for Primary Schools only to enter,
- Chair passed on information to Tarves School, who were very
interested and CC will keep them informed.
A.C. Local Members Report
in regards to repairs at
the Prop there have been changes in the way the budgets are
being dealt with a separate budget will now be used for
spending on monuments etc. John Loveday trying to get courses
organised re the new Planning Rules
requested CC agree to write
asking for Average Speed Cameras to be installed for a trial
on the A947. They have been tried in Essex and the trials have
shown a lot less accidents. This was agreed; - Chair to write to
P Johnston also said that Neil Ironside is
pulling together all aspects for the Community Planning to report
said with regards to the
Braiklay park signs he had received an email (14.09.09) stating
old sign had been removed, however when they had gone to put up
new sign the posts were a different size. This is being attended
to and sign should be up soon.
Roads, Paths and Signs
- Walls around Square C Taylor spoke to Contractors
interested in the repair work and they are submitting price to CC
- Tree Road Pot Holes -nothing done. Kirk brae
pavement breaking up Nothing done. P Johnston reported work to
be done by end of year- he is also going to ask about the Cottage
side to be repaired as well
- Braiklay Ave Park Sign needed to encourage dog owners to
be responsible. The current practice of signage on lampposts is
- Tillycairn, Methlick side still require grass cutting. J
Gifford to contact appropriate department to see what can be done
- Craigdam N Marr has had complaints from Residents
concerning the road through Ladyleys badly degrading, the road
leading to the farm has bad pot holes, erosion of verges and kerbs
required and drains needing seen to.
- AC P Johnston said there should be money in next years
financial budget for this.
Neil to contact Roads.
Councillor Loveday had e-mailed the Chair
confirming that he was incorrect in some of the info provided at
the previous meeting. There was discussion on the subject of
interpretation by AC officers of the new Planning Legislation,
particularly given the numerous local examples of
misinterpretation. Councillor Loveday confirmed that PAN 47 stated
that CCs have a minimumof 14 days to respond after
receiving plans and info. CC members have known this for years,
although the Planning Service may not have seen this part of the
Planning Advice Note. There remains confusion re the date which
the time period for consultation begins; - Chair stated it is the
date of the Weekly List; however Councillor Loveday had been told
it was the date the application was received by Planners. Chair to
- Osprey Homes It was noted that a building warrant
application had been lodged (15 Houses) CC to enquire re
Affordable housing with Keith Newton
Application approved at FAC - Issues identified by CC not all
taken on board by Planners or Councillors. Not known if anything
will be done re Play area or thinning trees. There is to be one
extra parking space. Homezone to remain. Pre application
discussions were merely a paper exercise.
Mackie Avenue FPP for 12 Dwellinghouses
to be discussed
further numerous areas locally not included Dog walk,
Braiklay crossroads etc also no details for Barthol Chapel.
Chair requested Barthol Chapel to pass on any details
Open Space Consultation
- Scottish Ambulance Service Survey C Taylor dealing
letter regarding the application
for the Pharmacy at 8 Duthie Road
Chair received letter from Mr. Milne (applicants
husband) he said he had no issues with CC, but was not happy with
questions asked at meeting.
CC received copy of
letter that she sent, and also a reply from the NHS, she said that
although a Pharmacy would be nice to have, not at the detriment of
loosing surgeries, the reply from NHS regarding the proposed
Pharmacy asked that all the Surgeries should get in touch and
voice their objections to the Pharmacy practice Committee. We
believe this has been done. CC still await outcome.
also received from residents who
have just found out voicing concern.
- Letter received from Chief Executive of AC regarding Redmoss-slightly
confusing Breakdown concerning windows they did admit not
checking properly. Chair writing.
- Aberdeenshire Council Live Screen at 29/31 Bridge Street
- CC Forum 7.10.09 with Isobel Page
- Aberdeenshire Community Planning Partnership Annual
- Aberdeenshire Mediation Centre Problems with neighbours
- Richard Baker MSP News Letter, Planning Aid
- ASCC Report ballot to be returned for 31st October 09 D
Reville dealing with
- Community Council - Magazines
- Aberdeenshire Guide to Council Performance
- Association of Protection for Rural Scotland expert
advice on line
CC members only covered
to use machinery.
Possibility of separate Group insurance for
path maintenance and other local works being looked into by
Dog Warden (Maureen Adam) 01467 628683
Mobile 07771 941982
Next monthly meeting will be held on Tuesday
10th November 2009 in Tarves School at 7.00pm
Community Council Meetings are always open to